Meet The Team
Nombini Mehlomakulu – Managing Director
Nombini is the Managing Director for Lwazi Capital responsible for company strategy and investments. Prior to this she was International Manager: Social Performance for Anglo American plc., responsibilities included working with operations in South Africa, Latin America and Australia. Before that she was the Head of Investor Relations for the Sage Group, a financial service company. Nombini starter her career in advertising and went on to hold executive marketing and communications roles at WIPHOLD and Umsobomvu Youth Fund.
Nombini is an experienced investment professional having worked as a senior executive for two of the successful and sustainable empowerment companies in South Africa.
- Harvard Business School – General Management (2012)
- Imperial College (London) – Investment Decisions Associated with Mining (2011)
- Cambridge University jointly with University of Queensland – Advanced Social Management Programme for Anglo American Executives (2010)
- Wits Business School- Certificate Programme in Accounting and Finance (2003)
- Wits Business School – Management Advancement Programme (2000)
- University of Natal- BA Honors Political science (1995)
- Board of Directors is 100% Black Women
- Lwazi Capital is 100% Managed by Black Women